शनिबार, मंसिर १३, २०७७
22:32 | ०४:१७

Prince Charles out of Isolation

नेपाली लिङ्क मार्च ३०, २०२०

Prince Charles

Prince Charles has recovered from coronavirus, and is now out of isolation, according to Clarence House, the Prince of Wales’ official residence.

71-year-old Charles tested positive for the highly contagious disease last week, becoming the first member of the British royal family to be struck down by it. Royal correspondent Rebecca English tweeted that, “having consulted with his doctor, The Prince of Wales is now out of self-isolation.”

English went on to say she understands the future king is “in ‘good health’ and [is] now operating under the current standard government and medical restrictions that apply nationwide.” Prince Charles isolated for seven days.

Clarence House confirmed on Wednesday last week that Charles had been displaying mild symptoms, which led to him being tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire, where he is currently residing at Balmoral.

“The Prince of Wales has tested positive for coronavirus,” said the spokesman. “He has been displaying mild symptoms but otherwise remains in good health and has been working from home throughout the last few days as usual.”

Charles’ wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall was also tested, but thankfully her result came back negative.

Prince Charles, coronavirus

As it stands, no other members of the royal family is reported to have displayed symptoms for COVID-19, although the Queen was moved from Buckingham Palace to her residence at Windsor Castle in a bid to keep her safe.

Prior to his diagnosis, Prince Charles had been seen greeting people at official engagements with praying hands (pictured above), as opposed to shaking hands like he would normally. The NHS advice in the early stages of the coronavirus pandemic was to minimise contact with others, particularly where hands were concerned.

Despite this, it seems it wasn’t enough to prevent him from catching COVID-19. Addressing exactly how the Prince of Wales contracted coronavirus, the Clarence House statement said:

“It is not possible to ascertain from whom the Prince caught the virus owing to the high number of engagements he carried out in his public role during recent weeks.”

प्रतिक्रियाहरू

सम्बन्धित सामग्रीहरू